Types of brush heads
Finding the right toothbrush to fit your needs will make your daily tooth brushing more pleasant - and more effective.
One way to be sure that you have the best toothbrush for your needs is to learn about different types of brush heads. The brush head is the top part of the toothbrush where the bristles are attached. You want to choose the type of toothbrush that fits your mouth and lets you reach all your teeth.
Some specialized types of brush heads include:
- Angled. An angled toothbrush head helps reach the insides of your teeth, especially the insides of your lower and upper front teeth. These areas can be susceptible to tartar buildup because, for some people, they’re harder to reach with a standard toothbrush head.
- Compact vs. Full Size. A compact toothbrush head is smaller than a full-size and has fewer bristles. Some people, especially those with small mouths, find compact heads easier to use. But other people simply prefer a full-size brush head, so you may want to try both and choose the one that works best for you.
You’ll also be able to choose brushes that have ergonomic handles or no-slip grips to make them easier to hold, along with a variety of bristle configurations to help clean around and between teeth, depending on your trouble spots.
Find perfect replacement brush head
All of our Replacement Brush Heads deliver the oscillating-rotating power that makes Oral-B® the #1 dentist-recommended brand, but there are a few key differences that make each one unique. And, since all of our brush heads fit all of our electric toothbrush handles, it’s easy to find the perfect fit for you.
For Superior Cleaning*
- Our most advanced brush head
- Perfectly angled bristles reach deep between teeth
For a Tooth-By-Tooth Clean
- A comfortable clean, perfect for beginners
- Cleaner teeth, healthier gums**
For a Floss-like Clean***
- Advanced MicroPulse bristles
- Provides a superior interdental clean†
For a Naturally Whiter Smile
- Advanced cleaning and whitening
- Whitens teeth in 2 weeks by removing surface stains
For a Gentle Clean
- Our softest bristles, perfect for people with sensitive gums
- Superior cleaning††
For People with Braces
- Designed to clean around braces
- Cleans deep in hard-to-reach places
For a Deep Clean
- Triple-cleaning action
- Removes 100% more plaque†††
* vs. a regular manual toothbrush
** vs. a regular manual toothbrush
*** does not replace flossing
† vs. a regular manual toothbrush
†† vs. a regular manual toothbrush
††† vs. a regular manual toothbrush