It’s important to take care of your electric toothbrush to make sure you get your best clean with every brush. Also, once bristles get frayed or worn down, they won’t be as effective at removing plaque. Here are some tips on how to take care of your toothbrush to keep your smile at its healthiest.
Daily Toothbrush Maintenance
- Rinse your toothbrush with tap water after use to remove toothpaste and debris.
- Don’t overbrush. Putting too much pressure on your toothbrush can cause the bristles to wear out more quickly and be less effective when cleaning.
- Store your toothbrush in an upright position to let it air-dry.
Ongoing Tips for Your Electric Toothbrush
- Replace your Oral-B® Electric Toothbrush brush head every three months, or when the blue Indicator® bristles fade halfway to white, or earlier if you notice fraying. Simply pull the old brush head off your handle at a straight angle, and snap on a new brush head in the same manner.
- If this is your first time using the product, you should fully charge the battery before using, which can take up to 16 hours.
- Once your handle is fully charged, continue using your electric toothbrush until no charge is left. Then, fully charge it again instead of charging between each use. This will help your battery perform at its best longer.
- If you have a SmartGuide™ display with your electric toothbrush, it will need two AA batteries for power.
- If you’d like to buy replacement chargers, handles, travel cases or other accessories for your Oral-B Electric Toothbrush, visit The Essentials.com